Monday, October 11, 2010

From New Mexico to Texas; from Hot Air Balloons to Helicopters

We left Albuquerque, NM on Friday morning after a wonderful week at the Balloon Fiesta. We were able to crew and as a result, on Thursday morning, Steve was able to take his first Hot Air Balloon ride - as sort of compensation for crewing. (I was also offered a ride, but with 2 relatively new hips, I decided I did not want to call the surgeon and ask him to repair them due to some mishap. So, I declined. Maybe next time!)

Travelling through northwest Texas, we stopped in Lubbock on Friday night and arrived in Georgetown, just north of Austin on Saturday. We have never travelled in this area of Texas. It seemed much more scenic than East Texas!

Yesterday and today, we spent time with our daughter, an Austin resident. Today, we were able to take our first Helicopter ride in New Braunsfel. It was great fun! Perhaps, with the exception of the banked turns, when you happened to be on the low side!

So, again this trip was full of new experiences and we loved it!